If you have a website, chances are you want to find ways to have it link it to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and other social media. With WordPress they made some amazing plugins so you don’t have to know custom code to display your social media links. Here are some of our favorites that we recommend:
Another amazing feature to having social media links on your WordPress site is the added connections and exposure will be rewarded by Google and increase your site's search engine ranking! So the more you share, the higher up you'll be!
Here is a step-by-step guide to setting up the Ultimate Social Media plugin!
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Follow the Install Plugin instructions to install the Ultimate Social Media Icons plugin.
3. Once Activated, you will see a new option from your WordPress dashboard labeled 'Ultimate Social Media Icons' Select that option to setup your icon settings.
4. The Plugin configuration page will show several options with pull down menus to the right, which will be used to allow you to customize your social media icons any way you would like! Including which media icons to show, places to link them to your personal Facebook, Youtube, Google +, Twitter, ect pages. You can even configure the icons to allow users to subscribe, like, follow, and share your pages to get more exposure online!
Go though each section and once you have made all the settings you would wish, select the 'Save All Settings' button on the bottom.
5. Once that is done, you will need to then apply your Social Media Icons to your site. This is done by placing your mouse over the 'Appearance' tab on your Dashboard, then selecting the 'Widgets' link from the sub-menu.
6. From the Widgets menu, locate the Social Media widget to on the left, then drag and drop it to the location on your site you would like it to be. Once it has been moved, save the changes to add the icons to your site!
|Content by Label|