VMware provides an application for creating VMware virtual machines from physical Windows and Linux servers.
This application can also convert other virtual machine formats.
Once the server is converted, it can be uploaded into the Voonami Cloud.
VMware vCenter Converter Standalone: https://www.vmware.com/products/converter.html
- Download and install the Converter application (link above) on the server you wish to virtualize
- You can connect to a remote server or perform the conversion on the local server
- Select Convert Machine and walk through the wizard
- Select Source
- Select Destination
- Selecting "VMware Workstation or other VMware virtual machine" will create an OVF or OVA file.
- Edit any Options you wish to change
- Begin conversion
- Upload the VM file to the Voonami Cloud