Every company is different, but one thing that is learned fairly early is that no one person can do it all themselves. With our Cloud Services, we have a simple way to add new users to the account, and give them different permissions so you can assign specific duties to those there to help you succeed!
Here is how:
- Login to your Cloud Dashboard.
- To the right of your dashboard will be a list of links. Locate the 'Users & Groups' section and select the 'Administer Users' link below.
- Once the window opens, locate the main 'Users' section on the top left side of the screen, then select the green '+' symbol.
- A popup window will appear containing a form to complete to add a New User to the account.
- Add the username the user will use to login.
- Create a login password.
- Select the dropdown menu here to list the new user's role on the account. There will be several options to choose from, and this can be edited later. Common Roles include:
Organization Administrator - An organization administrator can assign the role of organization administrator to any member of an organization.
Catalog Author - The rights associated with the catalog author role allow a user to create and publish catalogs.
vApp Author - The rights associated with the vApp Author role allow a user to use catalogs and create vApps.
vApp User - The rights associated with the vApp User role allow a user to use existing vApps.
Console Access Only - The rights associated with the Console Access Only role allow a user to view virtual machine state and properties and to use the guest OS.
Organization Administrator (no user mgmt) - Full access to all areas of the Cloud Dashboard, but cannot create/remove users.
- Enter the Full Name of the user (This is optional.)
- Enter the email address you want associated with the user (This is optional.)
- Enter the Phone Number of the user (This is optional.)
- Enter the IM account, such as Twitter that is associated with the user (This is optional.)
- Set a VMs quota if needed.
- Set a Running VMs quota as needed.
Once you finish the form, select the 'OK' button to add the user to your account.